ORDINANCE NO. 03-06
AN ORDINANCE IN AMENDMENT OF CHAPTER 3 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, TOWN OF NORTH KINGSTOWN, ENTITLED, "ANIMALS"
The Town Council of the Town of North Kingstown hereby ordains:
SECTION 1. Section 3-9, of the Code of Ordinances, Town of North Kingstown, entitled, “Public nuisance” is hereby amended by adding Subsection (c) as follows:
Sec 3-9. Public nuisance
(c) The penalty under Subsections (a) and (b) of this section shall be as follows:
(1) For the first offense $25.00 fine
(2) For the second offense within one year from the first offense $50.00 fine
(3) For the third offense within one year from the first offense $100.00 fine
SECTION 2. Section 3-22, of the Code of Ordinances, Town of North Kingstown, entitled, “Penalty” is hereby amended by increasing the fine from $10.00 to $25.00 for each violation.
SECTION 3. Section 3-23, of the Code of Ordinances, Town of North Kingstown, entitled, “Removal of dog feces” is hereby amended as follows:
(d) Fines for violation. Violation of this regulation shall be punishable by a fine not exceeding
(1) ten dollars ($10.00) for the first offense
(2) twenty-five dollars ($25.00) for the second offense within a year of the first offense
(3) fifty dollars ($50.00) for the third and any subsequent offenses within a year of the first offense
Fines to be recovered by action of debt or by complaint or warrant, to use as the Town Council may prescribe.
SECTION 4. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage and all Ordinances or parts of Ordinances inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
First Read at the Town Council Meeting of April 14, 2003 and referred to the Town Council Meeting of May 12, 2003 for second reading and consideration of adoption.
Adopted at the Town Council Meeting of May 12, 2003.
James D. Marques, CMC