RI.gov R.I. Government Agencies | Privacy Policy |

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I get a VIN check?

A. Vehicle Identification Number checks (VIN checks) are conducted by the Uniform Division. The hours of this service is from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM seven days a week. A state required fee of ten dollars ($10.00) will be incurred for the VIN check. A valid registration and bill of sale or title is needed.

VIN checks conducted at the North Kingstown Police Department are for North Kingstown residents only. Those seeking VIN Checks should contact the police department in the town in which they reside. VIN checks are subject to availability of a VIN officer.

Q. What kinds of animals does the Animal Control Division deal with?

A. North Kingstown Animal Control Officer’s handle calls involving domestic animals and wildlife complaints (e.g., sick / rabid raccoon or skunk). Any other wildlife complaints should be referred to the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM).

Q. How do I request a detail officer?

A. Call the main police administrative phone number (294-3316) and ask for the detail officer. The detail officer will obtain the type of event or road construction, time & date officer is needed, and billing information. The current rate for a North Kingstown Police Officer is $40.50 per hour with a four hour minimum. In the event the detail officer is not available, the officer answering the phone or dispatcher can obtain the information needed.

Q. How do I obtain an accident report?

A. Accident reports can be obtained from the records department Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. In the event a report is requested after hours, an officer can assist you in getting the report. Accident reports will be available in two to three business days.