Law Enforcement Advocate for South County
Serving North Kingstown, Narragansett and South Kingstown
401-294-3316 Ext: 8160 (NKPD)
North Kingsotwn Police Departement
8166 Post Rd
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Services to Victims
- Provide assistance, safety planning, support, information and referrals to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in the Towns of North Kingstown, Narragansett and South Kingstown.
- Meet with victims either on scene (with police accompaniment), at the police department or at the hospital, engaging in telephone and/or mail contact with victims immediately following the incident or within a few days as a follow-up.
- May provide hospital and court accompaniment, if requested, to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence or make a proper referral to the Victims of Crime Helpline or to the appropriate court advocate.
- Be available to victims as needed during initial police reports, statements, and follow-up interviews with the police.
- Refer victim to additional service providers as necessary.
- Follow up with all victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, whether or not an arrest was made or a report was taken, using police department records system and dispatch log on a daily basis to monitor victim or perpetrator activity.
- Assist with family advocacy and follow-up with non-offending parents/caretakers of victims of child molestation referred to the assigned department or the Children’s Advocacy Center.
Community Outreach/Police Liaison
- Provide information and assistance to police officers working with victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Provide information and referrals regarding sexual assault and domestic violence to individuals who call the police departments.
- Assist with training programs for police officers, community members, and other agencies on sexual assault and domestic violence issues.
- Represent the agency at community-based meetings, roundtables, conferences, and sexual assault/domestic violence police in-service trainings as needed.
- Provide a positive, professional and enthusiastic image of the agencies she represents to the community at large.